Monday, August 1, 2011

Kanrocksas Music Festival 5th & 6th - Kansas City

Growing up in Kansas City and being exposed to the Kansas City music culture throughout my childhood and adolescence, I have a strong affinity to the direction that the music scene in KC is heading. 

I started my life long musical patronage as a prepubescence 5th grader with an unselfish older sister who happened to have an extra ticket to "Oasis at Memorial Hall".  I was standing in the nose bleeds, sweating, and awkwardly nodding to the beat but it didn't matter I was hooked to the live music experience.

As years pasted I had the opportunity to experience 311, Rage Against the Machine, Lollapalooza 97', Styx, Journey, Reo Speedwagon, Bush, Wu Tang Clan, Ozzfest 98' all at Sandstone Amphitheatre (when it was Sandstone the first time); Ben Folds, Guster, OAR at City Market; Snoop Dogg, Ice Cube, Limp Bizkit, Korn, Ziggy Marley, Beastie Boys, TOOL, and Bruce Springstein at Kemper Arena and a few others around town.  Following my departure from Kansas City, I continued my passion for live music and have experienced great concerts and festivals including Austin City Limits.  My next one on the horizon is Kanrocksas Music Festival on August 5th and 6th.

Hearing about Kanrocksas in early spring I was excited knowing this might be the chance for Kansas City to put its name in the books as having a legit annual music festival.  I am not talking about Red, White and Boom, but one that can rank itself with the Austin City Limits, Bonnaroos and Coachellas of the world.  With a great line up including The Black Keys, legendary live performing Flaming Lips, Muse, Emimen, Kid Cudi, Cage the Elephant, Flogging Molly, Fitz and the Tantrums, it looks like this may be the beginning to a promising future for the Kanrocksas Music Festival.

Since you are reading my blog you understand another passion in my life: Photography.  I have been given the opportunity to view the festival through the lens of my camera.  I want to thank the Kanrocksas Team as well as Travis Joyal, Kathryn Mansur and the rest of the crew at Page Communications for this opportunity.

Hope to see you at Kansas City's Kanrocksas.

Get your tickets today!  http://www.kanrocksas.com/

No comments: